Gloria Tesch, if you’re not familiar, is a self-published author. Her parents self-published her book at the age of 13 and since then she has repeatedly claimed to hold the title of “World’s Youngest Published Novelist”, despite not being the youngest published author, and despite not actually being published.
Over time, she has become rather well-known for her ludicrously dishonest attempts at self-promotion, which include spamming numerous websites with her own information, sneaking into Barnes and Noble and taking pictures of herself with her books that she’d placed on bestseller racks, and creating false book trailers with paid actors pretending to cosplay characters from her books.
They have supposedly turned down offers from major Hollywood heavyweights, have plans for a Maradonia Theme Park, and are currently in the process of turning the Maradonia “saga” into a movie, with funding from her parents’ deep pockets and a failed IndieGogo fundraiser that made 7% of their goal.
Needless to say, hilarity has ensued.
- A Trip Inside the Mind of Team Tesch
- The Maradonia Saga Book Trailer Review
- The State of the Maradonia Movie
- The Maradonia Movie Trailer
- Gloria Tesch’s “How To Overcome Writer’s Block”
- Gloria Tesch: Celebrity
- Maradonia Reloaded, Part 1: 9/11
- Maradonia Reloaded, Part 2: Kitty and the Mouse-Chens