You can buy Fifty Shades of Grey on Amazon.
I should probably begin by explaining that I really have no idea what I’m getting myself into. I haven’t read this book and I know very little about it. In fact, I really only know three things:
- It began as a piece of Twilight fanfiction.
- It has a lot of sexy scenes and BDSM.
- The BDSM community, if there is such a thing, absolutely hates it.
- The quality of writing, from the few excerpts I have seen, could be charitably described as “very bad.”
Okay, four things.
Typically, when I spork something, I don’t read ahead – I read and spork simultaneously, which I think keeps the chapter fresh, and also allows me to make predictions and to experience the novel for the very first time. I’ll be doing the same for this work of art.
The dedication page reads: For Niall, the master of my universe. Niall is the name of James’ husband, which is simultaneously sweet, and reveals quite a bit about the author’s fantasies.
Incidentally, James has admitted that a lot of the contents of this book are her fantasies, which is just great. At least she’s being honest.
- Part 1: His Penetrating Gaze
- Part 2: Raging Female Hormones
- Part 3: So Freaking Hot
- Part 4: The Spanish Inquisition
- Part 5: A Scorching Smoky Gray
- Part 6: Steel Encased in Velvet
- Part 7: A Very Moist and Integral Part
- Part 8: Just Gloriously Yummy
- Part 9: A Sensual Warning
- Part 10: Fisting In My Hair
- Part 11: Demeaned, Debased, And Abused
- Part 12: Please Don’t Hit Me
- Part 13: The Extent of His Depravity
I also reviewed the series as a whole.